Busy and Loving It


Our internet got fixed yesterday and I was so happy that this meant I could finally write another blog. I have been so busy since I last wrote a post but I’m loving every second of being able to go! Last weekend, we had a wonderful time with my Uncle Jerry and Aunt Deidra who came to visit. We went to the zoo on Friday morning and the weather was nice so we were able to see a lot of the animals before it got too hot. Then, on Saturday, we celebrated my sister’s 19th birthday by going to the pool in the afternoon and then to PF Changs that evening! To top it all off, we had ice cream cake when we got home! It was a great time!

On Sunday, my Aunt Robin, Uncle Scott, and Chandler stopped in to stay the night on their way to Houston for Chandler’s national track meet. It was nice to get to see them again so soon. Chandler is quite the track star and actually placed 7th in their 4×800 meter relay at nationals! Monday was a sad day. Caroline moved out of my parents house and into her sorority house to start recruitment and get ready for the school year to begin in a few short weeks. It has been rather quiet without her around and I’m not sure I like it! However, I can’t complain too much because I know it won’t be long until I am moving out again also since I start my clinicals around the beginning of September.

Last week, I hung out with Will’s daughter Ashlei quite a bit since she is here for two full weeks with us! I am so glad that I am feeling well enough to hang out with her and enjoy our time with her while she is here. We have been going swimming, watching Olympics, playing games, playing with her cousins, and watching movies! She is a lot of fun to be around and has been my little workout partner as well. (When I say “workout,” I mean walking, doing crunches, and toning my arms and legs a little at a time).

I went to see my oncologist last Wednesday for my follow-up appointment and it couldn’t have went better! I was a little discouraged when I got there and couldn’t get blood drawn before my appt because they were so busy. This meant that I had to wait and have it down afterwards and they would call me with the results. I was really anxious to see if my counts were coming up! It seemed like every question I asked the doctor, he would tell me that it depended on my blood counts. Well, the patience paid off because my blood counts are all coming back up nicely and I was able to do all of the things that I asked him about doing. These things included eating raw fruits and veggies, shaving my legs with a regular razor, and going underwater in the swimming pool! Although these things seem rather small, they were BIG to me after not being able to do them the last six months! I had salad for a couple straight meals and strawberries tasted so good to me! I still haven’t went underwater in the pool yet but I’m sure I will on vacation next week!

This past weekend, Will, Ashlei, and I were supposed to go see Will’s oldest brother and his family who live in Texas. However, on Thursday night before we were to leave on Friday, his sister-in-law called to tell me that his 2-year old nephew was sick. 😦 Although my blood counts are coming back up, I still have to be very careful around sick people since my immune system still isn’t quite normal. We decided it would be best to postpone our trip to another time. We are praying that little Kenny gets to feeling better soon!

Since we were already planning on going out of town this past weekend, we decided to still do that. We took off Friday afternoon and headed to my hometown of Trenton, Missouri to see my family and my Nanny!! It was a spur of the moment trip but it couldn’t have been more fun! We got in late Friday night so we didn’t do a lot that day. On Saturday, my cousin Ivy and I took Ashlei swimming, that evening we met more family at a local Amish restaurant for dinner, we took Ashlei to the local carnival to ride a few rides, and then went out to my aunt and uncles to play some dominoes! On Sunday, we were planning on leaving after church but we decided to stay just one more day! I’m so glad we did because that afternoon and evening my dad’s whole family got together and had a barbecue and played games outside! The weather was amazing and we enjoyed every bit of our time there!

Even though I still don’t have all my energy back yet, I am thanking God each and every day for the energy I do have to be able to go and do things! My family is going to Gulf Shores, AL this weekend for a few days and I couldn’t be more excited to go to the beach! I haven’t been to the beach in the last 3 years since I have been busy with school so I can hardly wait! I’m sure we will have a great time! Who knows, with the rate my hair is growing, maybe I won’t even have to wear a hat anymore on vacation 🙂

I continue to thank God daily for all He has done for me. I see Him working every day in the lives of others as well. As my favorite Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas said this past week, “To God be the glory, He deserves all the praise.” She is so right! God deserves all the praise for the good and bad things in our life. I give Him thanks for not only the good times He has given me but also for what He has put me through so that I may be a stronger person and more faithful follower. Thanks again for your continued prayers! I go back for my next CT scan on September 10. Please pray that the cancer is still gone!

One response »

Leave a reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s